NBA Draft Preparation
For an NBA prospect, the moment you sign with Sports International Group signals the beginning of your preparation phase. SIG will put together a package of services specifically tailored to you, which is designed to maximize your draft position and earning potential and put you in the best position for long-term success.
- Provide the player with strength, agility and skills trainers to prepare them for the NBA Draft.
- Provide access to medical, physical therapy, massage as needed to support the player through this process.
- Provide the player with accommodation, transportation and a comfortable environment allowing them to focus primarily on the task at hand with minimal stress.
- Creating an individual strategic plan based on feedback from NBA personnel designed to showcase the player’s skill set and improve on any perceived limitations.
- Prepare and train the player for how to handle the workout period, interviews with teams, and media training.
- Scheduling interviews and individual workouts with NBA teams. Advocate for the player’s inclusion in the most appropriate combines, camps or tournaments for their individual situation.
- Provide all media material for NBA teams as part of an individually tailored plan. This might include having video analysis undertaken and distributed, social media use, website creation, or written materials.
Professional basketball is a rigorous, physical and extremely competitive business. Professional basketball players are progressively becoming more and more athletic, stronger and talented. Each year, the NBA and international leagues become more and more challenging and exciting. Therefore, it is of the utmost importance that players continuously prepare themselves both physically and mentally. A player’s offseason is critical to his success in the league they compete in. SIG works to make sure that our clients have access to the top basketball and physical trainers, in the best possible facilities.
SIG puts together position-specific camps and training sessions, run by some of the best coaches and trainers in the business. During these training sessions, whether they are individual or with a small group, SIG clients will benefit from hands-on coaching and evaluation, and will be pushed hard to improve their games. They will find themselves turning their weaknesses into strengths, and they will be ready to come to training camp with improved knowledge, skill and work ethic. SIG clients pride themselves on always being ready – be it for a workout, combine, NBA Summer League or the NBA regular season and playoffs.
Training is a vital part of a professional athlete, and SIG’s clients train with the very best.
Marketing & Philanthropy
We offer the following services in our expanded global marketing sector:
- Assistance with professional bio and portfolio
- Increase off-court opportunities
- Negotiate ‘staple’ deals to supplement player’s income (shoe deal, trading cards etc.)
- Partner with Public Relation firms to increase exposure
- Generate and promote individualized brand through endorsements
- Generate and promote individualized brand through sponsorships
- Assistance with website design
- Assistance with logo and business card profile
- Promote radio and television appearances
- Automobile deals and discounts
- Magazine promotions
- Entertainment interest
- Charity and philanthropy affiliations
- Camps and mini clinic implementation
- Networking opportunities with influential partners
- Project brainstorming
- Develop strategies that will be consistent with career development both during and after basketball
- Empower clients with the tools they need to get the results they want
Professional basketball players have a limited timeframe with which they can compete at the highest levels and earn a commensurate salary. Sports International Group supports our players in preparing for life after basketball, having hired Australian career development and transition expert Sam Wloszczowski to assist with this process.
- Be provided with opportunities to maximize your networking opportunities
- Have your off-court business interests supported
- Have your off-court charitable interests supported, including whereby players wish to begin a foundation of their own
- Be linked with mentors in fields of interest
- Be supported with your transition into life after basketball
- Be supported with coaching, training, broadcasting opportunities after competing
- Be able to work through a process to determine areas of interest beyond basketball
- Be supported with off-court partnership opportunities in areas of interest
Being a part of the SIG sports agency is like being a part of another family. They make you feel like a family member versus a client with the true personal attention and the amount of time and effort they put into helping develop your career.
- Alex Len
SIG is not just an agency, it’s a family. From day one everyone in the agency has accepted me, not only as a client, but into the bond that they all share. I know I’m not supposed to be anywhere else or with anyone else. With this agency is where I belong. They’ve worked extremely hard and have been very professional in representing me. They are a major part of my success. #SIGFam
- Tarik Black